almond crusted chicken breasts
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 ounces each
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 oz. slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs, regular flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a blender or food processor, finely ground almonds. Combine almonds, bread crumbs and salt on a plate.
- Whip egg white and water together. Dip the chicken into egg mixture; coat with almond mixture, shake off excess.
- In a 10-inch skillet, over medium-high heat, cook chicken in oil 10–15 minutes until cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from pan; keeping warm. Heat lemon juice, and dry white wine in skillet over low heat, stirring to loosen almond mixture.
- Serve sauce over chicken with a side of rice and asparagus.
per serving: 350 calories, 18g fat, 80mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.