prep time: 10 minutes + marinade time cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 25 minutes makes: 6 servings, 3 oz. each
- 1 ½ lb. skirt, flank or lean sirloin steak
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Remove fat from meat. Place meat in a ceramic bowl or plastic bag with vinegar, onion, rosemary and fennel. Let marinate for one hour.
- Drain and place on a hot grill or under a preheated broiler. Cook for 5 minutes per side for rare, longer for medium or well done (recommended minimum safe internal temperature is 145°F or medium rare).
- Remove to cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice on a diagonal across the grain.
- Serve with a side salad and roasted potatoes.
per serving: 200 calories, 12g fat, 5g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 22g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.