beef and mushroom stir-fry
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
ready in: 22 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7½ oz. each
- 8 oz. dry fine egg noodles
- 1 (12 oz.) boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Rice vinegar (optional)
- Shredded carrot (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, cut the steak across the grain into thin, wide strips. In a medium bowl combine steak, garlic and soy sauce; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine broth and cornstarch; set aside. Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove dirt. Cut mushrooms into quarters; set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add steak mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Push steak to outer edge of wok.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add broth mixture; cook and stir 1–3 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide cooked egg noodles evenly into 4 bowls, top with stir fry. If desired, drizzle with rice vinegar to taste and top with shredded carrot. Serve warm.
per serving: 390 calories, 11g fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugars, 29g protein