beef and plum kabobs
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 1 ¼ lb. boneless beef chuck shoulder steaks
- 1/4 cup plum preserves (grape jelly can be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon each minced green onion, fresh lemon juice and hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 ripe plums, quartered
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Partially freeze beef steak, cut into 1/8-1/4" thick strips.
- Combine rest of ingredients except plums.
- Place beef strips in plastic bag, add marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or overnight.
- Remove beef from plastic bag.
- Alternately thread an equal amount of beef strips (weaving back and forth) and two plum pieces on each of eight 12" skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium coals. Grill 4-5 minutes, turning once.
Suggestion: serve with a side salad and potatoes
Per Serving: 370 calories, 17g fat, 7g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 30g protein