prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 7 hours, 10 minutes
ready in: 7 hours, 20 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 6 oz. each
- 2½ lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
- 3/4 cup steakhouse marinade
- 1/2 cup Bourbon or low sodium beef broth
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 8 hamburger rolls
- Bread and butter pickles (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 8–10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a 3½–4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine marinade, Bourbon, sugar, garlic powder and liquid smoke; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low 7–9 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board, and shred with two forks. Spoon into rolls, top with pickles (if desired) and serve.
Per serving: 375 calories, 8g fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 7g sugars, 28g protein