brisket in wine sauce
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 3 hours
ready in: 3 hours 10 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 4 ounces each
- 2 ½ lbs beef brisket, thick-cut
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Stop & Shop ground black pepper
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 ½ cups dry red wine
- 1 ½ cups water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rinse brisket and place in roasting pan.
- Rub paprika, basil, salt and pepper into meat. Scatter onions and garlic over meat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ketchup, wine and water. Pour over brisket.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil, tenting so that the foil does not touch the meat.
- Bake at 325°F for 3 hours, or until a digital instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the brisket reads 190°F for well done.
per serving: 320 calories, 11g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 31g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.