broiled steak with artichoke salad
prep time: 10 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 12 hours, 22 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 4 (4 oz.) eye of round steaks, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon light balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (1½ cups chopped)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley or basil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; add 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 12 hours.
- Preheat broiler to high. Lightly coat a broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on broiler pan; season with pepper to taste. Broil 6 minutes per side (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness. Transfer steaks to a platter; tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, in a medium bowl combine artichoke hearts, tomato, parsley, remaining 1 tablespoon vinaigrette, and pepper to taste; toss gently to coat. Serve steaks with artichoke salad.
per serving: 230 calories, 10g fat, 4g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 28g protein