california baja turkey sandwich
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 sandwich each
- 1/4 cup soft light cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Simply Enjoy Pineapple Chipotle or Beach Mango salsa
- 8 slices sourdough bread (from 14.5-oz. oval)
- 12 oz. sliced lower sodium deli turkey breast
- 8 leaves red leaf lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, cut into 8 total slices
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed, drained and chilled
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Mix cream cheese and salsa together.
- Spread 1½ teaspoons cream cheese mixture on each slice sourdough.
- Layer 4 slices bread with 3 oz. turkey, 2 lettuce leaves, 2 slices tomato, 1/2 of each avocado and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Cover with remaining bread slices, secure with toothpicks and cut on the diagonal.
per serving: 420 calories, 18g fat, 5g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 1040mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, 26g protein