chicken and couscous medley
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 25 minutes ready in: 35 minutes makes 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 box (5.8 oz.) couscous (roasted garlic & olive oil flavor)
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tablespoon. oil in large skillet over high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts and brown each side about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover skillet and let chicken cook 10 minutes (should be 165°F. internal temperature).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add green beans; stir and cook 3 minutes.
- Add water and contents of spice pouch from couscous; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff lightly with a fork. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and almonds.
- Serve chicken breasts over couscous.
- TO GRILL CHICKEN: Grill over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.