chicken and mango salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 2/3 cup Catalina salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper julienne strips
- 4 cups (packed) lettuce leaves - cleaned, torn and chilled
- 2 cups cubed fresh mango
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon Catalina dressing.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Grill or broil chicken using direct heat, about 4–5 inches from the heat, for 6–8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Cut cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté red bell pepper strips until tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Toss chicken, remaining salad dressing, red pepper, lettuce and mango together.
- Serve immediately.
per serving: 390 calories, 19g fat, 4g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 24g protein