chicken and pesto with pasta
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7 oz. each
- 8 oz. uncooked Rotini pasta
- 2 teaspoons Simply Enjoy garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 cup pesto sauce with basil, reduced fat (found in the refrigerator case)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan in boiling water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with clean paper towels and cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken until cooked through. Reduce heat to low and stir in pesto, coating all surfaces.
- To create a sauce, spoon 3–4 Tablespoons of hot pasta water into pesto.
- Lift cooked pasta from water and stir into chicken; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Divide evenly among 4 dinner plates and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Suggestion: Serve with a side salad or a side of steamed vegetables
per serving: 620 calories, 30g fat, 7g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 35g protein