chicken and sugar snap stir-fry
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 ½ cups each
- 1 Tablespoon canola or peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark roasted sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb. sugar snap peas, stem ends removed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced thin on the diagonal
- 1 cup sliced button or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked basmati or brown rice
- Minced scallions, chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat canola and sesame oils over high heat.
- Add chicken, ginger, garlic and (if desired) red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or
until chicken is opaque.
- Add peas, carrot and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, 2–3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in
soy sauce. Serve over rice and sprinkle with scallions and peanuts, if desired.
Per serving: 340 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 34g
carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 6g sugars, 29g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.