- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1/2-inch strips. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan and basil in a large zipper-top plastic bag.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a 12-inch nonstick skillet that has a lid.
- Place the chicken in the crumbs, shaking the bag to coat the pieces well, then place them in the hot oil. Raise the heat to high and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes, turning to lightly brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate and set aside. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and water to the skillet. Stir well. Return chicken strips to the skillet, covering them with sauce. (Reserve strips for anyone who prefers them plain)
- Reduce the heat to low and sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over the contents of the skillet. Cover and continue to simmer until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place spaghetti on serving plates. Top with chicken and sauce and serve.
per serving: 590 calories, 15g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 85mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 63g carbohydrates, 6g dietary fiber, 52g protein