chicken in spicy red sauce
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 30 minutes makes 4 servings, 5 oz. servings
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ¼ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, brown on both sides.
- Blend rest of ingredients, except sesame seeds, in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour over chicken in skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cook, uncovered for approximately 20 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken breast is 165°F.
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.