chicken tacos with an avocado and chipotle cream
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Chipotle chile sauce (depending on desired level of spice)
- 1/2 cup purchased guacamole
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup purchased Pico de Gallo salsa
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 (6 in) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, honey, oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Pour over chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, combine sour cream, chipotle sauce, guacamole, and lime juice, in a blender until smooth and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to cool, and then slice into thin strips.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat ¼ cup Pico de Gallo salsa and add chicken slices. Sauté until heated through.
- Warm Tortillas in microwave for approximately 30 seconds (wrapped in a damp paper towel).
- Fill each tortilla with chicken, lettuce, salsa, cheese, and top with a drizzle of the avocado chipotle cream.
Per serving: 470 calories, 22g fat, 8g saturated fat, 95mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 9g sugars, 31g protein