prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 12 ounces each
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz.can black beans or red beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 oz. can green chile peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onions are tender. Drain off fat. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chile peppers, macaroni, chili powder, and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
per serving: 410 calories, 24g total fat, 10g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 33g carbohydrates, 11g dietary fiber, 25g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.