chipotle steak tacos
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 taco each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons Adobo sauce
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, cumin, chili powder and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce. Rub mixture onto flank steak.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill steak over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once, or until the thickest part of the steak is about 130°F (for medium rare). Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow to rest for at last 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, remaining adobo sauce, lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slice steak against the grain into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Top each tortilla with sliced steak, red onion, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro.
per serving: 250 calories, 14g fat, 6g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 17g protein