cilantro-lime marinated eye round steak
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 10 minutes ready in: 20 minutes makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 serrano chili
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb. eye round steaks
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, green onions, chili and cumin and blend until smooth.
- Place steaks in a sealable plastic bag, pour marinade over the steaks and seal. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 3-4 hours, turning bag over once.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. If desired, reserve any marinade left in the plastic bag. Bring marinade to a boil for at least 1 minute.
- Grill steaks 2–3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare. Remove from grill and allow steaks to rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle cooked marinade over steaks or serve as a dipping sauce. Serve with grilled potatoes and vegetables.