classic turkey pot pie
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 55 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 slice each
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey (or chicken)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Unfold pie crust; follow package directions for two-crust pie.
- Heat oven to 425°F
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly until bubbly and thickened. Stir in turkey and vegetables; remove from heat.
- Spoon filling into crust. Place second crust over filling and flute edges; cut slits in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Tip: Use a rotisserie chicken from the deli for a quicker weeknight meal!
per serving: 450 calories, 24g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 26g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.