creamy creole turkey bake
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 37 minutes
ready in: 47 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1.5 cup each
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 lb fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 oz.) low-sodium stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1-½ teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 4 oz. fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Vegetable cooking spray
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In medium non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in margarine 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, blend cream cheese, tomatoes, and Creole seasoning.
- Fold in vegetable mixture, drained fettuccine and turkey.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch square dish, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
per serving: 370 calories, 14g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 31g protein