crunchy corn with kale and chicken slaw
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: makes 6 servings, 1⅓ cups each
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 box (10 oz.) Green Giant® Niblets® frozen corn & butter sauce
- 2 cups 3-color coleslaw blend (from 16 oz. bag)
- 2 cups finely sliced kale
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (3 oz.) chicken-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- 6 cabbage leaves, if desired
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place dressing ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Cook corn as directed on box; pour into bowl with dressing mixture. Stir to coat. Cool 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw blend, kale, chicken and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Discard seasoning packet from soup mix; coarsely crush noodles. Add noodles to salad; stir gently to mix. Spoon into cabbage leaves. Serve immediately.
per serving: 200 calories, 5g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 17g protein note: Recipe provided by General Mills