curried grilled chicken breasts
prep time: 20 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 5 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 2" piece fresh ginger root, peeled and cut in 4 chunks
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Pat chicken dry with clean paper towels.
- Combine lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, ginger root, cilantro and curry in a food processor or blender. Process until ingredients are minced and well mixed.
- Add yogurt and process until well combined.
- Coat chicken with marinade in a shallow dish. Cover, chill and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium. Once chicken has finished marinating, grill, uncovered, about 7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- The chicken may also be broiled, 4" from the heat, about 6 minutes per side.
Suggestion: Serve with rice and steamed broccoli
Per Serving: 150 calories, 1g fat, 1g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 25g protein