dinner salad with beef & marinated tomatoes
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 1 hour
makes: 4 servings, 4 cups each
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. tomatoes, seeded and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 lb. Nature's Promise top round steak
- 8 cups green or red leaf lettuce (1lb)
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled and sliced
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Combine scallions, parsley, sugar, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes and toss gently to combine. Cover and keep at room temperature up to 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Sprinkle steak with pepper. Grill steak, uncovered, 8 – 9 minutes for medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve steak into thin slices against the grain.
- Divide lettuce among plates or salad bowls. Top with cucumber slices and arrange steak on top. Spoon marinated tomatoes, including liquid, over salads and serve immediately.
Suggestion: serve with a slice of grilled Italian bread
Per Serving: 280 calories, 15g fat, 4g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 27g protein