easy turkey tetrazzini
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed turkey
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and milk.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter in a skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook until tender and translucent.
- Remove onions from skillet and reserve.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon of butter, add mushrooms and saute until lightly browned.
- Return onions to skillet. Add milk mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Add cubed turkey to the sauce and heat through.
- Plate out spaghetti and divide sauce over each portion. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
per serving: 430 calories, 8g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 57g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 35g protein