fajita fiesta burgers
prep time: 12 minutes
cook time: 16 minutes
ready in: 28 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8.5 oz. each
- 1¼ lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg. low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 4 onion slices, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 slices Pepper Jack
- 4 hamburger rolls, toasted
- Chipotle-flavored, lime-flavored or spicy mayonnaise (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high (400°F–450°F). In a large bowl combine beef and taco seasoning; mix well. Divide into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into patties 1/2-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place beef patties, bell pepper quarters and onion slices on grill. Grill bell peppers 3–4 minutes per side or until tender. Grill onion 4 to 5 minutes per side or until tender. Grill patties 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium (160°F) or to desired doneness. About 1 minute before patties are done, place 1 cheese slice on each patty.
- Remove peppers, onions and patties from grill. Cover loosely to keep warm; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread the bottom half of each roll with mayonnaise (if desired); add 1 onion round and 1 burger. Dice the bell peppers and place on each burger. Serve immediately.
per serving: 395 calories, 11g fat, 4g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 1060mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 89g sugars, 36g protein