fast fajita roll-ups
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 each
- 12 oz. beef flank steak or sirloin steak or boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 whole flour tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 Tablespoons bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bottled salsa or taco sauce
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Thinly slice meat into bite-sized strips. Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in the 350° F oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat, onion and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat. Drain well. Stir in tomato and salad dressing.
- To serve, fill warm tortillas with meat mixture. Roll up tortillas. Serve with cheese, salsa and, if desired, sour cream.
per serving: 510 calories, 26g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 44g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 27g protein