grilled bourbon glazed wings
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
ready in: 60 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 5 oz. each
- 3/4 cup Bourbon or apple juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, each wing cut into 2 pieces, tips removed
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the glaze, in a large saucepan combine Bourbon, vinegar, apple juice, honey, mustard, garlic and ketchup. Bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Add wings to glaze; stir to coat. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until wings are cooked through (165°F). Using a slotted spoon, transfer wings to a plate. Spoon glaze into a small bowl; set aside.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Grill wings 3–5 minutes per side or until browned, brushing with glaze during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Serve with remaining glaze.
per serving: 300 calories, 11g fat, 3g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 16g sugars, 16g protein