grilled citrus chicken recipe
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 1 inch strips. Place strips in a glass baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 1–2 hours.
- Skewer the strips with soaked wooden skewers*.
- Grill over high heat 6–8 minutes, turning twice. Baste with remaining marinade.
- Serve with additional salsa.
*Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes to avoid burning
Suggestion: serve with rice and grilled vegetables
Per Serving: 220 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 26g protein