grilled lemon chipotle wings
prep time: 20 minutes + 30 minute marinating time
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 3.5 oz. each
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 lbs. chicken wings or drumettes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons lemon pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the ranch dip, in a small bowl combine dressing and 3 teaspoons of the lemon zest. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Place wings in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow dish. Add lemon juice, oil, garlic, seasoning, lemon pepper, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and salt to taste. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). Remove wings from marinade; discard marinade. Grill wings, covered, 15–20 minutes or until cooked through (165°F), turning several times. Serve with ranch dip.
- If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 340 calories, 27g fat, 6g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 20g protein