grilled london broil with summer vegetables
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme or oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb. beef top round steak (London Broil)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For marinade, combine vinegar, oil, thyme or oregano, garlic and pepper in a food-safe plastic bag. Add steak to bag and turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Toss tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash with oil. Make an aluminum foil boat to contain tomatoes. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Preheat your grill and place steak over medium direct heat. Arrange vegetables around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 8–9 minutes for medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 6 –10 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables to a serving platter and sprinkle with cheese. Carve steak into thin slices against the grain.
Per Serving: 270 calories, 15g fat, 5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 27g protein