grilled steak with creamy crab and tomato sauce
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 4–5 oz. each
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed and minced
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 lb. freshly picked cooked Southern Red Crab Meat
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Season steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for 6–8 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches desired doneness (medium rare: 145°F; medium: 160°F; well done: 170°F).
- Meanwhile, sauté shallots with butter in a medium saucepan. When translucent, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with wine and add mustard, tomatoes and lemon juice. Reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly swirl in butter chunks, lower heat and add remaining ingredients. Heat through. Serve sauce over steak.
Per Serving: 450 calories, 29g fat, 15g saturated fat, 155mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, 36g protein