honey–mustard chicken drumsticks
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
ready in: 1 hour
makes: 8 servings, 1 piece each
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 3¾ lbs)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coarse brown mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil, and coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, curry powder and salt. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag; reserve flour mixture. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes or until evenly browned, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken on baking pan; set aside. Place skillet over medium heat. Add mustard and honey; cook and stir until blended. Stir in broth and reserved flour mixture. Remove skillet from heat; pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover baking pan tightly with foil. Bake 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165°F. Serve hot or warm.
Per serving: 275 calories, 12g fat, 3g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 9g sugars, 28g protein