Italian chicken bake
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 each
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 26 oz. pasta sauce
- 3 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. pasta
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder and brown in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for approximately 3 minutes per side.
- While chicken is browning, rinse spinach and tear into smaller pieces.
- Put in microwave safe bowl, cook on high with 1 tablespoon water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Mix in ricotta cheese and seasonings.
- Place a thin layer of pasta sauce in bottom of 2 qt baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Spoon 1/4 of ricotta cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce on top of ricotta cheese mixture.
per serving: 320 calories, 14g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 8g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 41g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.