italian red pepper chicken and pasta
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 ounces each
- 4 oz. pasta (rotini, spaghetti, etc.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, apx 1 lb
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fat free Italian salad dressing
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Start water for cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut up chicken into thin strips or chunks.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken pieces in skillet over medium to high heat, stirring often for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut red peppers into pieces. Add to the skillet. Saute the chicken and peppers over low to medium heat for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add salad dressing and heat through. Serve with pasta.
per serving: 285 calories, 7g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 28g protein