lemony chicken and greens salad
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8½ oz. each
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon no-salt-added lemon-herb seasoning
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups mixed greens (such as kale, baby spinach, Swiss chard, and/or frisee)
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning, and black pepper to taste; place in baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and oil.
- In a large bowl combine greens and onion. Drizzle greens with dressing; toss lightly to coat.
- Place salad on 4 serving plates. Cut or shred each chicken breast into pieces and place on top of each salad. Top evenly with shaved Parmesan, and serve.
- Serving Suggestion: serve with a slice of crusty French bread
per serving: 275 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 1g sugars, 31g protein