lime-glazed chicken with creamy salsa
prep time: 10 minutes + marinade time
cook time: 16 minutes
ready in: 26 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Lime wedges for garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Mix lime zest, 1/4 cup lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and pour into a resealable bag.
- Add chicken breast to bag, turn a few times to coat and allow to marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove chicken from bag and grill* 4-inches from heat source for 6–8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Discard remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix salsa, sour cream and remaining lime juice together.
- Top grilled chicken with creamy salsa, garnish with lime wedges.
- *If you do not have access to a grill, you can use your oven's broiler. Place chicken on broiler pan and broil until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
per serving: 200 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 24g protein