mediterranean turkey skillet
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 lb boneless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 lb small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained, cut in half
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, as needed
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine red onion, red potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3/4 of the minced garlic; toss well to coat vegetables.
- Place vegetables on greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook for 8–12 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining minced garlic, artichoke hearts and olives. Heat thoroughly. Add onion and potato mixture, thyme and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 350 calories, 17g fat, 4g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 28g protein