peanut noodles with chicken
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 8 oz. whole-grain spaghetti
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen steam-in-bag seasoned Asian vegetables
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add pasta; cook al dente according to package directions. Drain; reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, microwave the vegetables according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat combine peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes. Stir in 3/4 cup reserved pasta water, stirring until smooth. Add pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss gently to combine. Cook until heated through, adding more pasta water (if desired) for a thinner sauce. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve.
Per serving: 460 calories, 16g fat, 3g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 5g sugars, 32g protein