roasted leg of lamb
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 2 hours
ready in: 2 hours 15 minutes
makes: 10 servings, 3 ounces each
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 lbs bone-in leg of lamb
- Trim lamb of the thin membrane (fell) and all fat.
- Blend Dijon, oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Evenly coat surface of lamb. Loosely cover and return to refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place lamb in a preheated 450°F oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast until internal temperature reaches 160°F for medium about 20 minutes per lb.
- Transfer to a warm platter and loosely cover with foil. Allow to stand 15 minutes for easier carving.
- Slice into thin slices and spoon pan juices over slices.
- Garnish with rosemary leaves or other fresh herbs. Portion: 3 oz. per serving.
per serving: 180 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 1g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 24g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.