rotini with chicken, broccoli and tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Ready in: 30 minutes Makes 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 8 oz. whole grain rotini pasta
- 1/2 lb. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cover bottom with water 3/4 inch deep and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set broccoli aside. (Or microwave broccoli until crisp-tender)
- In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook 8-10 minutes until no pink remains or internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Add cooked pasta, broccoli, tomatoes and the remaining oil. Stir in garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve.