sherried chicken thighs
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 9 oz. each
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or chicken broth
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Place chicken in an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and rosemary around chicken. Pour broth and sherry into baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. Serve over noodles or rice, if desired.
Per serving: 260 calories, 14g fat, 6g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 24g protein