slow cooker beef sandwiches
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
ready in: 8 hours 15 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 8 ounces each
- 2 lbs top round London Broil
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or cayenne
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Place meat in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except buns, and pour over meat in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat, place on cutting board and shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker and heat through.
- Serve beef on buns.
per serving: 360 calories, 11g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 36g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 30g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.