slow cooker chicken teriyaki
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 8 hours
ready in: 8 hours 10 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 4 oz. each
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup 100% pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place whole chicken breasts in slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and orange zest. Pour over the chicken and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6–8 hours, or until chicken is very tender and can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Shred all of the chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds and let stand before serving so it can absorb more of the sauce.
- Serve over rice with a side of steamed vegetables, on sandwiches or on a salad.
per serving: 150 calories, 2g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 9g sugars, 18g protein