southwest london broil
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 6 hours, 10 minutes
ready in: 6 hours, 25 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 9 oz. each
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced Poblano pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup corn flour or all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium Montreal steak seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1½ lbs. London broil (top round steak)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a 3-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes, onion, poblano, garlic, cilantro and flour; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine steak seasoning, cumin, lime zest and chipotle powder. Stir 1½ teaspoons of the seasoning mixture into the slow cooker. Rub remainder on both sides of steak.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place over high heat 1 minute. Add steak; cook 5 minutes per side or until well-browned. Transfer steak to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Transfer steak to a cutting board; slice or shred steak. Serve with cooking liquid.
per serving: 240 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 26g protein