steak with parmesan-grilled vegetables
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 1 lb. well-trimmed sirloin steaks
- 2 medium red or yellow or green bell peppers, each cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2" slices
- 1 yellow or green squash sliced into 2" rounds
- 2 Tablespoons crushed garlic
- 4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, basil and black pepper and mix well.
- Remove approximately 1/2 of the mix and press into both sides of the steaks. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well. Set aside.
- Place steaks on grill, arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks uncovered 14–16 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. Grill onion and squash 15–20 minutes and peppers 12–15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with reserved cheese mixture during last 10 minutes of grilling.
Suggestion: Serve with grilled Italian bread or a pasta side
Per Serving: 300 calories, 12g fat, 4g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 30g protein