steak with scallion vinaigrette
prep time: 10 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 20 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 3 oz. each
- 1 (1 lb.) flank steak
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large scallions, sliced, divided
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place steak in a large dish. Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil over both sides of the steak. Top with half of the scallions plus garlic. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Remove steak from baking dish, scraping off scallions and garlic; discard scallions and garlic. Season both sides of steak with pepper to taste. Grill steak, covered, 5 to 7 minutes per side (145°F) or to desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the vinaigrette, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining scallions; set aside.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices and place on a platter. Drizzle vinaigrette over steak, and serve.
Per serving: 160 calories, 9g fat, 3g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 0g sugars, 18g protein
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.