summer cobb steak salad
prep time: 15 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 10 minutes + standing time
ready in: 12 hours, 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10.5 oz. each
- 1 lb. London broil or top round steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) fresh baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup light blue cheese dressing
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place steak and steak sauce in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 12–24 hours.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F ). Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak and asparagus on grill. Grill steak 4 –5 minutes per side for medium-rare (145°F) or to desired doneness.
- Grill asparagus 6–8 minutes, turning frequently. Remove steak and asparagus from grill. Let steak stand 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Place spinach on a large serving platter. Arrange steak, asparagus, tomatoes and egg slices in rows on spinach. Sprinkle with cheese, drizzle with dressing, and serve.
per serving: 370 calories, 16g fat, 6g saturated fat, 260mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g sugars, 45g protein