sweet & spicy indian chicken stew
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 12 oz. servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick® Curry Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Red Pepper, ground
- 1 can (14 ½ oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Toasted sliced almonds, (optional)
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and garlic powder; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, curry powder and ground red pepper. Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add apple and raisins; simmer 10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle stew into shallow soup bowls. Top each with 1/3 cup of brown rice. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
- Recipe provided by McCormick
per serving: 300 calories, 9g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 52mg cholesterol, 556mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 14g sugars,18g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.