March 26, 2015
Direct: (617) 603-7723
Greenway Spring Food Fest April 18th Featuring 13 Vendors
Sponsored by Stop & Shop and Peapod by Stop & Shop
March 26, 2015 – BOSTON, MA – The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy (rosekennedygreenway.org) today announced the Greenway Spring Food Festival, sponsored by Stop & Shop and Peapod by Stop & Shop, will take place on Saturday, April 18th between 12 noon and 4 pm.
Come and meet 13 of our new and returning vendors in the Wharf District Parks between Milk Street and India Street. (The rain date for the festival is April 25th.) This is a great opportunity to try out “Greenway Cuisine” – especially for those who cannot make to the Greenway on weekdays. All food vendors appear at least once a week on the Greenway, the full schedule is at: http://www.rosekennedygreenway.org/visit/food/full-mobile-eats-calendar/.
We’re very pleased to announce that the Greenway Spring Food Festival is sponsored by Stop & Shop and Peapod. They’ll be onsite at the festival offering produce and healthy snack samples, information on Peapod delivery and pick-up, fun games and prizes. Stop & Shop’s nutritionist, Julie Hersey, will also be on site providing tips to better health through eating right.
Vendors scheduled to appear at the Greenway Spring Food Festival include:
- Bacon Truck (bacon-obsessed mobile kitchen) – truck - @bacontruckbos
- Bon Me (Bold, fresh and fun Vietnamese food) – truck - @bonme
- The Dining Car (inspired sandwiches & sides) – truck - @thediningcar
- Frozen Hoagies (Ice Cream Sandwiches) – truck - @frozenhoagies
- KimKim BBQ (Korean BBQ fusion) – truck - @KimKimBBQ
- Lilo’s (Hawaiian inspired) – truck – @lilosplates
- Mei Mei Street Kitchen (Creative, farm-focused Chinese-American fare) – truck - @meimeiboston
- Pennypacker’s (Porchetta & other great sandwiches) – truck - @pennypackers
- Sabroso (Mexican food) – truck – sabrosotaqueria.com/foodtruck.html
- Stoked Pizza (wood fired pizza) – truck - @stokedpizza
- Taco Party (Veggie and Vegan Tacos) – truck - @tacopartytruck
- Third Cliff Bakery (drip coffee, shortbread, cookies and snacks) – trike – @ThirdCliffBaker
- Zinneken’s (Belgian style waffles) – truck – @zinnetruck
About The Rose Kennedy Greenway and Conservancy
The Rose Kennedy Greenway is a mile-and-a-half of contemporary parks in the heart of Boston.
The Greenway is a roof garden atop a highway tunnel that connects people and the city with
beauty and fun. The non-profit Conservancy maintains, programs, and improves the Greenway
on behalf of the public and in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The
Conservancy has won numerous awards, including for our organic landscape care and park
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 59,000 associates and operates 395 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children’s educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA’s Smart Way program and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold com pany. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.
About Peapod by Stop & Shop
Peapod by Stop & Shop, an Ahold USA company, is the country’s leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets throughout Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, D.C and Wisconsin.
Founded in 1989 as a smart shopping option for busy households, today Peapod has delivered more than 30 million grocery orders. Customers can order online or on Peapod’s free mobile app for delivery to homes and workplaces or pickup at many convenient location s. For more information on Peapod, call 1.800.5.PEAPOD (1.800.573.2763), email [email protected] or visit www.peapod.com.