November 14, 2014
Stop & Shop New England Division
STOP & SHOP TO LAUNCH GRAND REOPENING CELEBRATION OF HARWICH, MASS. STORE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14TH
Quincy, MA (November 14, 2014) – The Harwich Stop & Shop is sporting a refreshed look and offering customers more choices across the store as well as a wider selection of Natural and Organic Foods, a New Cheese Island and an Expanded Produce section.
On Friday, November 14th, the store begins three weeks of grand re-opening activities and events to celebrate the new additions throughout the store.
Area residents are invited to join Stop & Shop in the celebration this weekend and into the
month of December with special promotions and savings for shoppers including:
- Food tasting with Simply Enjoy products - on Friday, November 14th - 11am – 4pm; Saturday and Sunday, November 15th and 16th - 10am – 3pm
- Stop & Shop’s customers can sample delicious bites of Simply Enjoy and other Stop & Shop brand cookies, crackers and sparkling beverages.
- Stop & Shop plans a 7 Day Free Product Giveaway to the first 100 customers each day from November 28th – December 4th starting at 7 am
- In addition Stop & Shop is offering the Own Brand Coupon Book giveaway - $16 worth of coupons to the first 1,500 shoppers or until supplies last.
In addition there will be special guests and entertainment for children including:
- Meet & Greet with New England Patriots cheerleaders
- Come for a free autographed poster and photos on Saturday, November 15th 11 am – 1 pm
- Kids Entertainment (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, November 14th, 15th and 16th Noon – 2pm) with Silly Sally the Clown who will entertain the kids with balloon animals, face painting and more.
"Stop & Shop is proud to be able to offer residents of Harwich and the surrounding communities a newly remodeled store with an expanded selection and variety of foods," said Joe Kelley, president, Stop & Shop New England Division. "We are very excited about the grand re-opening and invite our customers to come see what’s new throughout the store.
The celebration also continues through the month of December where customers will have an opportunity to meet Stop & Shop’s very own in-house nutritionist on Saturday, December 6th from Noon – 2 PM. Nutritionist Julie Hersey will offer customers fun and interesting recipes and will also educate them about eating healthy during the holiday season.
In December there will be a special gas card event on Friday, December 5th, Saturday, December 6th and Sunday, December 7th starting at 7am in which the first 100 customers receives a $10 Gas Card. Cards will be handed out at the main entrance.
The Harwich Stop & Shop, at Rt. 39 and Rt. 13, regular store hours are 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sunday.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 59,000 associates and operates 394 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children’s educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA’s Smart Way program; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.